Boiled potato salad is one of the easiest dishes to prepare. Eating boiled potatoes alone can be boring when dieting to lose weight, but if you add different kinds of vegetables to it, it becomes interesting, and it can be consumed daily in the form of a different power every time .
It is a saturated dish and you can eat it as a main course in case of dieting to lose weight or as a side dish in normal cases, and as long as you do not add butter to boiled potatoes or a large amount of mayonnaise, the salad will be light and low in calories, and rich in various vitamins and fiber instead of potatoes alone, which are high in carbohydrates.
The work of boiled potatoes for food
- Three medium-sized potatoes, or about five hundred grams of potatoes.
- Three-quarter cup “light” mayonnaise, or you can mix a quarter cup of regular mayonnaise with half a cup of yogurt if you don’t have light mayonnaise (you can skip the mayonnaise altogether and use yogurt place if you want to cut calories).
- Half a cup of coarsely chopped celery.
- Half a sweet green pepper, or the equivalent of a third cup of coarsely chopped green pepper.
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion.
- A tablespoon of yellow mustard.
- A teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- One large boiled egg or two medium-sized eggs.
- Amount of water for boiling potatoes.
how to prepare
- Wash the potatoes and rub them well under water, then cut them into cubes two centimeters thick and do not peel them, because the skin contains many useful minerals that you will lose if you remove the skin.
- Put the potato cubes in a suitable sized saucepan, then add enough water to submerge the potato cubes, cover the pan and simmer over medium heat for twenty to twenty-five minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potato cubes from the extra water well, as the extra water can strip the flavor of the spices and ingredients you add and sit on the bottom of the dish rather than on the potatoes to enhance their flavor.
- Pour the light mayonnaise into a large bowl, then add the finely chopped onion and mix well, then add the celery pieces and green pepper, along with the mustard, natural cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of ground black pepper, and mix the ingredients well.
- Add the potato cubes to the bowl and toss gently so they don’t crumble.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, cut them into slices, add them to the dish and stir gently.
- Cover the dish with cling film and refrigerate for at least six hours, so that the potatoes absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
Potatoes marinated in garlic, oil and lemon
- Four grains of boiled potatoes.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- a pinch of salt.
- quarter cup of lemon juice.
how to prepare
- Boil the potatoes well.
- In a bowl, crush the garlic until soft, along with the salt.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into sparrow heads and place them on the crushed garlic.
- Squeeze the acid on it and put the oil and mix them.