Chicken puff pastry
|cooking time||40 minutes|
|enough for||6-8 people|
- Half a teaspoon of nigella.
- Big egg.
- Two envelopes of puff pastry.
- one cup of each:
- broth or milk.
- Sliced broccoli.
- Four pieces of chicken fillet.
- One medium sized onion, cut into wedges.
- Two cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Three tablespoons of flour.
- Two tablespoons of butter or oil.
- One large carrot, cut into small cubes.
- Half a teaspoon of oregano.
- Small spoon of salt.
- Three crushed garlic cloves.
- A quarter teaspoon each of:
- Sweet coriander.
- Black pepper.
- Shabat al Baraka.
- A little vinegar.
- an egg.
how to prepare
- Cut the chicken fillet into small cubes after washing them well and getting rid of the smell.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat to heat it up, then add the chicken cubes and sauté for five minutes until fully cooked.
- Add each of: garlic and onions to chicken fry pan and stir until browned, then add vegetables and stir until all are softened and sprinkle flour on top while stirring to mix all the ingredients together.
- Add each of the following: milk, oregano, cilantro, pepper and salt to the ingredients and stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a flour-dusted surface using the rolling pin, then put it in a rectangular dish, put the filling on it and spread the mozzarella over it.
- Roll out the other dough and lay it on the table, then cut it into nine strips using a pizza cutter, leaving a distance of two centimeters from the edge of the dough, then lay it on the filling into pan and braid over surface of pie.
- Put the eggs and the drops of vinegar in a small bowl, stir them with a fork to mix them well, then distribute it over the braids using a small brush, then sprinkle it with nigella.
- Bake the puff pastry in the oven for thirty to forty minutes, until golden brown, then serve warm.
Chicken Pot Pie with Mushroom Puff Pastry
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|cooking time||25 minutes|
|enough for||6 persons|
- Onion, medium size, chopped.
- Half a cup of chicken broth.
- Scrambled egg yolk.
- Boiled chicken, without bones or skin.
- A tablespoon of flour.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Half a kilogram of mushrooms, cut into slices.
- Black pepper and salt – to taste
- 1 teaspoon each of:
- Seasoning for chicken.
- ¼ cup green olives, seeded and chopped.
- Butter – for greasing.
- Puff pastry.
- Two tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese.
how to prepare
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan on the stove to heat it up, then add the garlic onions and sauté until tender.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions in the pan and mix them, then season them with: chicken spices, cinnamon, black pepper and salt.
- Add the shredded chicken to the mixture and stir well, then sprinkle the flour mixture and add the chicken broth to it, continuing to stir to prevent the flour from forming lumps.
- Let the mixture boil over the heat for three minutes, then remove it from the heat and let it cool aside.
- Add each of the following: green olives and cheddar cheese at the end, then roll out the puff pastry on a smooth surface.
- Put the flattened dough in a baking sheet greased with butter, then spread the filling over it.
- Close the edges of the pastry to completely cover the filling, and brush his face with the beaten egg yolk to bake until baked.
- Place the pie in the oven until golden brown.