Skip to content
- One kilogram of chicken pieces with bones.
- liters of water.
- 1 teaspoon each of:
- Ground fresh ginger.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Half a cup of soft butter.
- Three minced garlic cloves.
- Two teaspoons of Al-Bazzar Al Khaleeji spices.
- Three pieces of small onion, chopped.
- A century of chopped peppers.
- A cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Three dried lemons.
how to prepare
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan on the stove and add the onions and garlic.
- Fry the mixture with butter for a minute, then add the ginger, spices and turmeric and fry the mixture for another minute.
- Add pieces of chicken with each of the following: hot pepper, cinnamon, tomatoes and dried lemon to the mixture and season it with a little salt and ground black pepper.
- Pour a liter of water over the mixture and boil slowly over low heat for about ninety minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, pour the salona chicken into a deep serving dish and serve with white rice.
Meat and Vegetable Fair
- A kilo of meat cut with the bone.
- Three to four large, finely chopped tomatoes.
- Two teaspoons of cumin.
- Two tablespoons of flour.
- Two teaspoons of fine coriander.
- Small spoon of salt.
- One to two teaspoons of mixed spices.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Two to three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Two large onions, chopped.
- A clove of crushed garlic.
- One or two chopped pepper pods.
- Half a cup of tomato paste.
- Three bay leaves.
- Medium size cinnamon stick.
- A teaspoon of cumin is good.
- A sweet green pepper cut into cubes.
- Three to four cardamom pods on the right.
- Two correct lomé pills.
- A large potato, cut into large cubes.
- Two cups of okra.
- 1 cup finely chopped green cilantro.
- Two to three tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon each of:
- Chopped ginger.
- Cilantro love.
- Half a teaspoon each of:
- Sweet cardamom.
how to prepare
- Put: flour, cumin, lumi, coriander, salt, pepper, cardamom, chilli and spices in a small dish and mix the ingredients together, then spread them over the meat.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the meat and stir it in the oil until it acquires a golden color.
- Remove the meat from the casserole and set it aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper to the same pan and stir the ingredients until the onions wilt a bit, then return the meat to the pan.
- Add: tomatoes, paste, coriander, bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin, lumi, cardamom and salt, and mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are well combined, then add a cup of water.
- Cover the pot and cook the meat with the mixture over low heat for about an hour, until the meat is cooked.
- Add the potatoes, okra and green pepper to the meat and add more water as needed.
- Cover the pan and leave it on low heat for about half an hour or until the vegetables are completely cooked.
- Add the green cilantro and lemon juice and mix the ingredients together.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the saloona into a deep serving dish and serve it right next to the mixed rice.