rice with vegetables
Rice is a cereal that contains starches in large quantities, so it is not recommended to eat it in large quantities, but after a long and hard day of study or work, children and family members are eager to eat a saturated meal that makes up for the calories their body has consumed during the day, and there are many meals that can be prepared with rice, including as a side dish served with grilled fish and chicken, or as a main course like maqluba and kabsa. we will quote two vegetable rice recipes in two different ways.
Rice and vegetables with minced meat
- Two cups of long-grain rice, soaked in water for a quarter of an hour.
- Four large carrots, cut into small squares.
- A cup of pea puree.
- One ounce of finely chopped meat.
- A liter of chicken broth or water.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable ghee.
- A teaspoon of salt, or to taste.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of ground black pepper.
how to prepare
- Put the ghee in the pan over medium heat, then fry the minced meat and add the carrots until cooked.
- Add the peas, the salt, then the chicken broth and boil for twenty minutes.
- Drain the rice from the water and add it to the pan, reduce the temperature, then cook the rice for twenty minutes.
- Serve hot rice with yogurt and green salad.
- Two cups of Egyptian short-grain rice.
- The cauliflower head is small in size.
- Three carrots cut into circles.
- A sweet green pepper.
- A small piece of onion.
- A clove of crushed garlic.
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- A teaspoon of mixed spices.
- Small spoon of salt.
- Two Maggi cubes.
- Two bay leaves.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- A liter of water.
how to prepare
- Soak the rice in cold water for an hour.
- Put the oil in the pan over medium heat, peel the onion and put it in the oil.
- Add the water, maggi, bay leaves, spices, black pepper and salt, then leave the pot on the heat for fifteen minutes.
- Brown the flower, carrot and green pepper.
- Arrange the fried vegetables in the pan, then fry the crushed garlic with a little oil until it turns lightly golden, then add the garlic over the vegetables with the oil.
- Drain the rice and wash it well several times with water, add it over the vegetables, then add the hot Maggi broth to the pan and leave it for twenty minutes.
- Serve the white maqluba with yogurt and salad.